Dear members, dear friends of environment!
The summer months are sometimes a little calmer due to the holiday season. But this was not the case for OEOO this year. The news of the successful conversion of maritime plastic waste into oil in June met with great media interest. Focus Online and ARD Brisant also presented the “Rose of Charity” regatta, which focused on OEOO and marine waste, in detail on several occasions.
In August a thematic focus on plastic waste in the oceans was launched together with the donation plattform betterplace.org. The echo was enormous and totally surprised us: within a few days 20.000 Euro were donated to OEOO. Thank you very much once again for that! Our donation page can be reached at
End of August the SeeKuh returned to Kiel after 9 months in Asia, most of it near Hong Kong, and was reassembled at record speed by our construction team around Jan, Rüdiger and Rainhard. Meanwhile it is located at a fixed berth at the Fischmarkt in Kiel-Wellingdorf, where the office and laboratory of OEOO are also located.
During the summer months the OEOO team was very active and showed their colours at various events: from the Kieler Woche and the Munich Tollwood-Festival to the “Tag am Kai” in Kiel-Holtenau and the wetter.wasser.waterkant recently in Hamburg’s Hafencity. There was a great interest in our work.
We wish you all a sunny and look forward to you remaining loyal to us. Avoid plastic wherever possible!
Günther Bonin and his team
- Information booth at the summer festival Tollwood in Munich
- OEOO information booth at Kieler Woche
- OEOO was partner at the Munich Plogging Mob (jogging and collecting garbage) in the English Garden/Munich
- Günther Bonin in portrait in the TV series “My new life” in the ARD Buffet
- OEOO booth at the “Tag am Kai” in Kiel-Holtenau
- All about plastic waste at the tombola of the travel agency FTI generates 1,400 euro for OEOO
- The OEOO-Logo gets a Fresh up (see above right)
- Films about OEOO on Focus Online and ARD Brisant
- “Marine Litter Round Table” of the German Federal Environment Agency
- Günther Bonin as speaker on the Seadevcon 18 in Hamburg
- OEOO at wetter.wasser.waterkant in Hamburg
- Article about OEOO in the Berliner Zeitung and the special interest magazine Laborpraxis
- Meanwhile more than 300 followers and more than 1,000 hits per week on our Instagram account
- TV production company Endemol Shine with charity flea market for OEOO
Please find the OEOO Newsletter 10-18 for download.